Monday, October 12, 2009

My first update :)

I don't like to "follow the crowd" when it comes to things like blogging & twitter but here I go. Hopefully I can keep up a blog!

Life hasn't changed much since we've gotten married other than I have to share a bed & apartment (but not blankets!). I recently found out the degree to which I hate doing dishes and would rather clean the toilet then do them. I really hate not having a dishwasher :( You have to wash the same dish a million times... But its all part of being newlyweds.. at least thats what I keep telling myself!
I'm glad we were able to find a place to live and even if its not perfect ( & far from it) I'm glad I have it because it humbles me and makes me want to work even harder to be able to buy a house. But first things first - i need a job! I have been looking for a job for a month now (seems like an eternity) but haven't gotten much of anything but a phone interview for a job with crappy hours & pay... I know.. why did I even apply, right? I've applied at a bank, at a scrapbook company and at Costco. I was going to apply at NuSkin today but the position was no longer available :( sad because I think I would have really enjoyed that job.

I went to my ward for the first time yesterday and I think I'll really enjoy it there. I'm being optimistic because I really haven't met one person yet but we will see how it goes. It was kind of disheartening at first (because I let myself be disheartened) when I walked into RS searching for a seat. Seeing tons of empty seats but every single one of them could have been saved for someone. I kept looking for a friendly smile or finger point but nothing. After a few minutes I finally had to just ask if a seat was available. This turned out to be a good seat choice because the lady next to me had a cute little boy (a total cheese) who was always grinning and playing with me. The mom was fun too. Hopefully we will get to know each other.. but this reminds me, I didn't get her name or ANYTHING. I'm pretty sure I only made eye contact with her a few times so who knows if I'll remember what she looks like. haha darn.

Anyway, Brady is still working nights at the hostpital and its really hard but getting easier.. if possible. I think last night was the only night where I didn't feel extremely lonely or scared. I usually sleep with the light & TV on until I fall asleep, but last night I turned off the lights (BIG STEP) and turned the TV on sleep timer. So at least for me its getting easier. =)
and the biggest news of all.... dum dum DUM! I'm finally caught up on Grey's Anatomy. =) YAY for me. haha

So if anyone knows of a decent paying job in the provo area, PLEASE let me know.

5 comments:

  1. Very good Danielle. Keep being brave. I do the same thing when Tom is gone.
    Karen Mortensen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danielle I am so glad that you have started a blog. Way to join in with the crowd. I used to always do the same thing if Nate was away. But now he works 24 hour shifts all the time I am getting used to sleeping by myself that it is almost harder to sleep with him home. I just told him it must mean we need a king size bed. Are you in a family ward or a married student ward? We went to the family ward the first year we were married and still at BYU. It was a hard ward for me. People were coming and going all the time in the ward that it seemed like the regulars didn't want to invest any time in you. Sorry not to discourage. Hope it continues to go well and I am sure you will make friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Were in a family ward. I know exactly what you mean... in Vallejo we had a lot of people going in and out that it was hard to become attached but it always seemed to happen anyway :) Yeah were in a queen bed right now and I mean we fit - technically.... but a king size bed is my dream, NAY! A CAL KiNG! haha (nay? what was i thinking?) But anyway, I'd much rather be in a family ward than a married ward...Even though I'm one of them, the newlyweds get on my last nerve hahaha I know - I'm just hormonal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kendra and I used to work for Platinum Protection. It's a call center job. We had fun, but I know some people hated it. It pays like $10 starting, though, which is a lot for Provo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HOLY HELENA! I just barely read your comment! I'll check them out Thanks =)

    ReplyDelete