Tuesday, November 3, 2009

bathroom organization.

When you have a LOT of bathroom stuff and very little space, you have to get creative and that is exactly what i have been doing. I have a drawer dedicated to headbands and hair stuff and a box dedicated to hair clips but why hide all my goodies when i can display them on my empty walls?? PLUS it will give me an extra drawer and box to put my drugs in! you know, nyquil, pepto, ibuprofen, the essentials. :) haha So I have made a lot of flower clips and bows and have collected lots of headbands...tonight i decided enough was enough!! I'm making a clip organizer! Here's what came of it.

First, this is the headband organizer. A lot of organizers were ones that took up counter space, and I just plain don't have that kind of space! So, i took the basic idea of a cylinder and hung it up on the wall. Since I didn't have money to spend, I looked around the house for what I had.. I grabbed a partially used paper towel roll (which magically was the perfect size for headbands) covered it in some black corduroy fabric I had from last years halloween costume with hot glue. Then I just used some green ribbon, tied it around the roll and hung it up. This isn't my favorite project but hey, it got the job done. I'll probably look at it for a couple days then make some adjustments to the design.



My bow holder was SUUUPER easy to do. I had a really hard piece of 12 X 12 cardboard that was really giving me a headache b/c I kept trying to throw it away but it kept reappearing! Good thing it never left! I used some of my scrapbook paper and ribbon I had lying around and covered the cardboard piece with it. I used 4 pieces of ribbon across it thinking that would be enough, but it wasn't so I just added a couple small pieces on the botton for the extra ones I had. I folded the ribbon in half so the bows wouldn't slide off. I love it! Its like art for my wall!



Let me know if i was a little bit too tired to be creative or if I should do more crafty things late at night! haha I have decided to re-do my lamp. The paper I chose was a little too... "exotic" for my taste. But that's the beauty of modge podge. you can always cover it again! haha Anyway, hang tight for pics of that future project.




1 comment:

  1. Um, I love this. These ideas are GREAT and I think you should definitely do more late night projects!

    I especially love the bow holder.

    ReplyDelete