Monday, March 15, 2010

bathroom lovin

So I have been going STIR crazy and hating the whole "style" of this place i live... I've decided that it's up to me what it looks like, so I've decided to get Jiggy wid it. I made curtains, had some great thrift finds that i re-purposed, and made a new bow holder because mine, sadly, had fallen to pieces.

The Bow Holder:

I had some colored bamboo sticks lying around that were being nothing but a headache for me. I had nowhere to put them & no idea what to do with them.. I just kept moving them from one home to another hoping that someday I would magically find the perfect spot. Anyway, I had the BRILLIANT idea to make a bow holder from two of the sticks. It wasn't easy, but it was fun :) I decided to separate the pinks from the reds and give them a little love. =) My bathroom colors are dark yellow, red, black and white..


  • Two Bamboo Sticks
  • Ribbon
  • Glue Gun
  • Flower Clips
  • A Blind eye to the fuzz on my carpet

Cut a bunch of ribbon, decide how tall you want the holder


Glue the ribbon onto the bamboo flat


tie a knot at the end. make sure when you are gluing them on you glue them the opposite direction of how you want them facing. after you tie the ribbon, the direction changes.


Finished product

Here are the rest of my bathroom improvements so far:


Homemade curtains, and my "Loo" sign that I found at the DI for a buck! I just changed out the ribbon to match my bathroom - the one it had was DINGY! (i love those Cheer commercials)

The next project I'm undertaking is a yellow shelf right over the top of the bow holder. DEEP BREATH! lets see how that one goes.. =/


Found that plate at a garage sale for $.25 and I tied the other two bamboo sticks with extra ribbon. Paired it with my scented oil candle...a must have in a bathroom. haha

If you have any ideas for me, let me know. This bathroom is hard because it is extremely tiny and is a laundry room/bathroom. Did I mention its TINY?

-DZ

1 comment:

  1. Nice job! I love the bow holder, and the curtains look great. but my favorite? The "Loo" sign. So awesome.

    ReplyDelete