Tuesday, March 9, 2010

you go boy.

Today one of my friends was detained by campus police because he was open-carrying his gun with a concealed carry permit. No laws were broken. Please read and watch the links below. Our rights are slowing being torn away from us.
Take note: when dealing with law enforcement, recording is a great idea. Caught these campus cops trying to enforce their opinion and the "what ifs" not the what IS. Should we shut up, obey and move on with our life or stand up for our rights?

"Thanks Danielle ;-) (I've never tried to "bait" cops or anything of the sort, it is just a lot more comfortable to open carry, quietly.) I've been open carrying there for three semesters with no problems until Friday...
Did you see page 4 where I posted my letter to the chief of police? After I got his blatant disregard for Utah state law as a response, I finally told Fox 13 I'd do an interview. " - Nick Moyes

The News Portion:


the whole story:

the live discussion:

PART 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjaQJs8eoMk

PART 2:

2 comments:

  1. I read about this on your Facebook. I really liked this comment from UtahConcealedCarry.Com, made by UnderratedF00l:

    "In my opinion, an Officer of the Law who is ignorant of what the law says becomes nothing more than a tyrant with an opinion - the problem is that opinion is backed with badge and a sidearm."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea that it was Nick! I heard a the headline, but never saw the story. I'm so glad he's bringing this problem to everyone's attention!

    ReplyDelete