Wednesday, November 17, 2010

accidents happen, right?

I often come home from shopping and want to show all of my finds to my E.R. (Thats eternal roommate. I'm clever). I get so excited when i find things for good deals.. (and this happens a lot.) I NEVER pay full price for anything, EVER.... because at some point in your life a perfectly good "something" will be sitting at a garage sale or in a thrift store or on ebay or amazon. Its just never worth it. Dont judge me. Buy used, save the difference. (Where my Duggers at!?)

So when I come home to show him what I find, he doesnt ask me how much anything costs because he knows that it probably equalled out to about 5 dollars, 10....maaybe.

The problem lies when I come home with a bag from Ross. Ross is the devil's store. It has shoes, it has baby clothes, it has big people clothes, it has bedding... it has one of a kind decorations, its a random store. And boy do I love Random! They have a department for EVERYTHING there! I usually/always (yes I use those interchangeably) leave with something for one of my nieces. This is why when I come home I show him what I bought in separate categories...

  1. "Things I went to the store for"
  2. "Things that fell into the cart, on accident"

I cannot tell you how many times I start off a sentence with, "So, I accidently bought..."

...these white ceramic birds that have no place in our home. But Dangit (usually not "dangit")! There were 90% off!
...this wooden desk organizer that we don't need, but I saw so much potential in it...
...this pot for the "garden" that we don't have because everything is dead except for that one amazing plant that lived like Harry Potter even though we never fed it anything!
...these sheets that don't technically fit our bed, but I am secretly hoping that we get a bigger bed because I don't like touching while in my nightly coma.

I am so glad he understands (or pretends to?), and just laughs at me. I'm sure one of these days, when I'm a hoarder "collector" with boxes of crap up to the ceilings it won't be funny anymore....

JK, I love getting rid of crap, I go through my stuff ALL the time. I love the cleansing feeling. Not to mention the feeling of avoiding being a hoarder. I do admit its hard in this stupid apartment we are living in.

Have I mentioned it's about the size of a colon?
The kitchen about the size of a infant's armpit.. but we wont go there.



So, how often do YOU go through stuff? Are you a "keeper" or a "dumper"?

I'm a dumper, but a shopper.


Contradicting, I know.
I have a personality disorder when it comes to "things".

I'm a shopping dumper. Mostly I like to dump. I buy, I dump, I buy, I dump. But, dumping is my favorite thing to do.
That got awkward fast.

Man, this has got me thinking - I'm gonna start my list for Santa.



-----------

my husband just walked in.

what are you doing?

blogging.

about?

read my blog and find out.

------

Hopefully he reads this by the time I have my Santa list posted!

1 comment:

  1. I am the SAME WAY! I love Ross. I go there about once a week. I need to stop though, because I accidentally buy things all the time. And when I go to Ross I'm like "TJ Maxx is next door, I want to look there too." Next is Hobby Lobby. It's craziness.

    But I go through my things and get rid of stuff too. Moving a lot helps with that, but I can't stand having junk I never use. You and I should go garage sale-ing sometime...

    ReplyDelete