Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Husbands.... They put the "GRRR" in GRRREAT.

I have been having THE MOST difficult time thinking of something to get my husband for YE OLD Christmastime. I have literally asked him multiple times every day for over a month what he wants. The answer? Always, "Nothing" or something stupid like socks. (BOOOOO!)


[I am no sock or man panties gift giver.]

Today we were watching TV and on the show the man bought a jacket for himself while shopping for his girlfriend's gift. The jacket that he happened to buy for himself was the exact same present that she had picked out months before....for Christmas. What a butt, I say.

Brady looks over at me and says "This is why I dont buy myself anything in December."

THE AUDACITY!

I look over at him... glaring.

"Are you kidding me?!" (I couldn't help myself. This anger had been bubbling up inside of me for days.)

"What?" He innocently reacts.

"You JUST bought yourself something. YESTERDAY!"

This conversation went on for a few minutes.... I couldn't stop saying "Are you kidding me"

My husband must have some version of amnesia because he bought himself a watch YESTERDAY.

That's right, less than 24 hours prior.

We went to the jeweler last week and he saw some watches he liked, reasonably priced.

BINGO! I thought to myself. FINALLY, something I can get him! He will have no idea....

He went yesterday, and picked it up. TO TOP IT ALL OFF he went without me.
(He did use a coupon we had for that jeweler and got it for free. ) My argument continued "...I could have bought that for you with MY coupon, wrapped it and you would have been SO surprised. but nooooooo...." Husbands are very easy to understand, they make women growl and they eat. (At least thats how I feel today)

GRRRR + eat

Just great.

I am so totally screwed.


dbagalicious.

1 comment:

  1. I understand this. I do. They either buy what they want, or they are content with everything they have and you can't get ANY ideas

    ReplyDelete