Friday, February 19, 2010

bright lights

I sincerely feel that because of my revelation yesterday... and the week before... and the week before... and the month before that - basically the one revelation about life that i have over and over again...because of that I feel like today was God's answer to my prayer.

Jobs are hard to come by these days... let me rephrase - jobs are nearly impossible to come by these days - ANY job ANY day. It had begun wearing on my soul. I wasn't sure if this depression was being so far away from my parents, my birth control or what. It was like one of those terrible dreams where you are trying to run or fly and your feet don't leave the ground. I want to fly & not only in my dreams. I want to succeed here.

Yesterday I decided to work really hard, be proactive and go outside the four walls of my living room to find a job. I went out, I searched, I applied, I asked... I did the footwork. I believe that Heavenly Father saw my hard work and made up for my shortcomings. I got a call today for a job interview - at a nursing and rehabilitation center.. it is EXACTLY what I want to do & where I want to be. I am SO excited.

There are a lot of people out there - if they were in my shoes... 6 months of putting in 6-10 applications/resumes per day with only two call backs they might have given up hope, lost perspective, perseverance, or eternal perspective. It was hard - really hard. REALLY hard... I prayed and prayed for a job and half-heartedly looked for one. The minute I decided to make my prayers come true and do as much work as I could on my own, Heavenly Father recognized it and did His part to answer my prayer as well. This is how it works.. sometimes we forget and today was a great reminder. I love my Heavenly Father and I know that He is the one who grants me His grace to make up for the difference, for my failings, & for my shortcomings. He is my rock & Redeemer.

On another note -

thought I'd bring back my Facebook status updates. Here are the top rated ones:

is there such a thing as restless butt syndrome? RBS? i have that.


thinking positively has a HUGE impact on your life... God recognizes your struggle & your hard work & gives you blessing when you least expect them!! ♥ ♥


BLAH BLAH BLAH if you have a problem with games played on facebook: 1) get a grip & calm down 2) block & hide the application... its like it doesn't exist! THAT WAY you aren't sucking the fun out of it for others. FUN SUCKERS!


What's the worst thing that could happen? I'll tell YOU! Having a stomach ache before you go to your Derek appt. this could be very, very awkward.



Some of these you have to decode because of the secret words I use. haha Anyway, thats my week in a nutshell. Ups, Downs & Plateaus. Today I'm going UP! I can see the light at the end of the dark crappy tunnel and it is bright!

Peace Out.
-D


No comments:

Post a Comment